Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Chicken Cheesesteak

Don't you just love it  when you are just working with a few basic ingredients, and the next thing you know, you've made something that turns out delicious?

I had chicken to work with and I needed to use up these rolls that I use to make different kinds of sandwiches a lot.

I cut the chicken into bite size pieces, threw in random spices and turned the pan on. Next thing I know, it smelled like the chicken from Chicken Cheesesteaks.

So I turned the meal into that:

For the chicken, I cut boneless and skinless chicken breast fillets into very tiny, bite size pieces. I marinated it with: salt, black pepper [a lot of it], garlic, red pepper flakes, chili powder, cayenne pepper [a lot of it], and oil. I, then, cooked the chicken in a pan on low to medium heat.

Meanwhile, cut strips of peppers. Add them to your pan with the chicken once it is completely cooked through, turning your heat to extremely low heat, and mix the peppers and chicken together. You could add onions, mushrooms, and whatever else you like on your cheesesteak... these are the ingredients my family likes.

To assemble your chicken cheesesteaks::
On the rolls, spread the chicken and pepper mixture, covered with [mozzarella] cheese and put under the boiler for a minute or two until the cheese is melted (this happens really fast under the broiler, so keep an eye on it!)

P.S. This post is a part of my "What's for Dinner" series, where I share what I've been cooking and my recipes. Grab and share my button:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails