Sunday, October 21, 2012

Central Jersey Heart Walk Follow Up

In just under a month, I was able to raise $360 for the Central Jersey Heart Walk and I want to take a moment to thank everyone that generously donated towards this great cause.

It's been such a humbling experience. Everyone knows someone effected by heart disease, and it doesn't have to be as directly effected as we were as a family.

I'm glad I decided to participate, and I urge you to join in and take part in a similar one in your own community. It doesn't have to be a heart related charity that you get involved in, there are so many great causes out there! Choose one that is close to your heart (no pun intended). One that you are passionate about. You'll be glad you did.

Let me tell you, there is nothing more satisfying then giving back to the community. Individually, we may not be able to bring about much change... but collectively, it's a whole another story.

While the $360 I raised may not seem all that grand to some in the scheme of things (I am proud of it actually), the Central Jersey Heart Walk was able to fundraise over $95,000 collectively. That can and will change lives. More importantly, it will save lives.

The actual walk was today, but with a sudden trip to Canada, I had to unfortunately miss the walk portion of it. Next year, I'll be there for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails