Tuesday, March 15, 2011

9.0 Earthquake

If a 8.9 9.0 earthquake isn't a wakeup call for you, I don't know what will be one. The devastation that the earthquake and the consequential tsunami has caused is going to take many many years to rebuild.

The videos, pictures, first person reports are heart-breaking to say the least.

I've embedded just of those below:


I don't know whether natural disasters like major earthquakes are happening more often now or whether we just hear more about them now because of technological advances, but either way - it's a real eye opener.

What makes this one even worse is that it's not just a natural disaster that is of a worry to people, but the consequences of nuclear plants that is leaking radiation too as a result of the significantly large earthquake.

Google has set up a Crisis Response page, so head over there to see how you can help.

My mom's cousin actually resides in Japan with his wife, but fortunately their area was not affected.

My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Japan.

 P.S. Don't forget to leave me a comment below on your thoughts! As always, I'd love to hear from you.

2 comments:

Misha said...

I think the rate that natural disasters are occurring at now is definitely increasing. It's so sad, I can't imagine being in that situation. The damage is horrifying.

Summaiyah Hyder said...

Yeah, i can't either! And I've been meaning to research on the rate of them happening. It'll be interesting to find that out.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails