Thursday, August 1, 2013

Review: The Fault in Our Stars

I cried [plenty of times... but that shouldn't be surprising], I laughed, but so many times I just paused... to reflect and to ponder.  The choice of words are brilliant. I think that is what captivated me the most.

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green is a quick, easy, articulate and captivating read. I finished it in a few sittings in a less than a 24-hour time frame. I love how beautifully honestly it is written. How honestly sarcastic the teenager is portrayed. It is what it is.

What's it about you ask? Literally: two teenagers with cancer who fall in love [depicting their inner struggles, etc.]. My take? It makes you think. Deep. Not just about death and dying, but life and living.

There are many memorable quotes in the book, but that struck me the most? This:
My cancer is me. The tumors are made of me. They're made of me as surely as brain and heart are made of me. It is a civil war, Hazel Grace, with a predetermined winner.

1 comment:

Love Shayari said...

"If a tear rolls down whist reading then you have fallen head over heels for the book..."
One such book is the one I started and completed this weekend..
The Fault in Our Stars put a smile on my face, spread warmth to my heart, broke it and then stitched it back saying "It is possible to live with pain"!!!
There are some real, real people in unreal world of Literature.. and I just visited few in this book.
John Green, the writer has a way to put things bluntly which is quite rare these days. If books can take us to the most unbelievable places then at times they need to put us back in to reality too at times.
A weekend well spent...

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails