Sunday, January 1, 2012

Choopan Grill

Food: 3
Staff: 3
Atmosphere: 3.5
Overall: 3.0

Choopan Grill is a new Afghani Restaurant that opened recently in our area. It apparently has two other locations by the same owner in NY (or so I've heard). I tried it today with three of my cousins (and we all love Afghani food).

The service was... not so great? We were the only ones there for a pretty long time (it was around 7 PM) and the greeter/server pretty much "watched" us, which is beyond creepy and annoying. Then, she came over and asked "what do you want?". What I wanted to say was, "to leave"... but, of course, I didn't do that. They are going to have work on how they talk to their guests because it was very unwelcoming.

Portion size was good (too much for me). Taste was okay -- not great, but not bad either. There are definitely other Afghani restaurants in the area that I would recommend instead. There wasn't really anything memorable about Choopan Grill that would make want to go back there again.

Here's a picture of my plate -- I had the Chicken Breast Kebab entree:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails