Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Precious Cousin

Today marks ten years since my beautiful and absolutely perfect baby cousin passed away after only fifteen short months of life.

She died in the hospital room of a local hospital surrounded by MANY members of her extended family.

Hers was the first death I experienced in my life. Losing her was so bittersweet because it was also comforting to see her finally be so peaceful after she passed away. Watching her lose her battle and seeing her lifeless body is still probably the hardest thing I have faced and it's a moment I'll never forget.

At such a young age, she taught me so much about life. Like how fragile it is. Or how to cherish every moment and make the best of each day because you just never know.

If we lived every day as if it was our last day on earth, just think of how much more we would get done on a daily basis!

In some ways, it seems like it was just yesterday... yet at the same time it feels like it happened such a long time ago. I think of her often and wonder what she would have been like. I may be biased, but I can still remember how contagious her smile was.

 P.S. Don't forget to leave me a comment below on your thoughts! As always, I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails