Saturday, October 22, 2011

Consumers

As I was patiently waiting (not really) in line to return something at customer service in Target earlier today, I overheard the following conversation between the cashier and consumer.

Consumer: I want to return this (this being a child's outfit).
Cashier: Ok, do you have a receipt?
Consumer: No.
Cashier: How did you pay?
Consumer: Cash or credit card.... but credit card I think.
Cashier: Do you have the credit card?
Consumer: No.
Cashier: Can I see your driver's license or ID?
Consumer: I don't have that either.
Cashier: I need that or something in order to process the return.
Consumer: Sighs. I'll come back.

Me: Trying my hardest not to burst out laughing, but can't keep the smile off my face.

Really?! I swear, I worked in retail part time while I was a student and it just never surprises you the things people say/do.

I don't know about you, but I'd never even try to return something if I didn't have a receipt or proof of purchase. Or if I did have the receipt, but I'd used/worn the item.


P.S. Don't forget to leave me a comment below on your thoughts! As always, I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails