Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I Hate Being Sick

You know what's worse than being sick for about two weeks? Spending about eight hours in the emergency room while feeling miserable!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - nurses - my god, are they the most patient people or what? I don't know how they do it. I'm a fairly impatient and stubborn person as it, and to throw in the usual crankiness that comes with being sick... and to multiply that with however many patients the nurses are dealing with at a time.... my goodness.

On Eid, I woke up with a little sore throat that progressively got worse and then I developed a cold (runny nose, sneezing, coughing, the works) from that. That, as annoying as it is to be sick, was manageable with plenty of soup and liquids.

Unfortunately, a few days later it turned into a nasty viral. I went to the doctor's on Tuesday last week and was told if it didn't get better within 24 hours, I need to head to the E.R. Well, I waited over 48 hours and then bright and early on Thursday morning headed to the emergency room.

An I.V plus three shots via the IV line, a couple of tests and over eight hours later I made my way back home.

The last week for me has comprised mostly of sleep, plenty of rest, and LOTS of liquids... and fortunately, I feel so much better (just not completely fine yet).

Now, if I could just get rid of this cough too...

 P.S. Don't forget to leave me a comment below on your thoughts! As always, I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails