Tuesday, February 11, 2014

What's for Dinner: Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake

Cheesecake and chocolate chip cookies are pretty high on the list of "my favorite desserts". Here are a few other variations I have done as well: my chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake and chocolate chip cheesecake.

What I did today, instead, was use cookie as the base of the cheesecake [crust], and put chocolate chips in the filling portion along with the little leftover cookie dough batter. Just mix it right in. 

It was pretty much a chocolate chip cookie cheesecake...yum!

What you need:
  • Your favorite cookie dough recipe or store-bought cookie dough.
  • 2 [8-ounce] packages of cream cheese, softened/room temperature
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 and 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
  • [about] 2/3 cup of milk chocolate chips
What I did was:
  1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Spray your springform pan with non-stick cooking spray as an extra precaution.
  2. Make your cookie dough using your favorite recipe or use a pre-made dough/log [let it come to room temperature]. Press the chocolate chip cookie dough down into the base of your springform pan.
  3. To make the filling, in a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
  4. Add a cup of milk chocolate chips [and any left over cookie dough batter you have] and mix. Tip: to keep your chocolate chips from sinking to the bottom, toss them with about a teaspoon of flour.
  5. Transfer your filling to the spring-form pan on top of the cookie dough base.
  6. Bake in your preheated oven for about an hour.
  7. Optional: for presentation purposes, if I was serving this to guests, I'd melted milk chocolate chips and drizzled that on top of the cheesecake before serving it.

P.S. This post is a part of my "What's for Dinner" series, where I share what I've been cooking and my recipes. Grab and share my button:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails