Monday, January 13, 2014

What's for Dinner: Tomato Soup

A few weeks ago my cousin made tomato soup on a cold day that was absolutely delicious... and I finally made it today. What I love about it is how easy it is to make, the fact that I didn't need to let it roast for 40-60 minutes [I just used the broiler instead] and that it didn't need chicken broth, cream, or anything of that sort. Simple, quick, and delicious. My kind of recipe.

What you need:
  • 1 pound of tomatoes, halved
  • 1 small onion, sliced
  • 5-6 garlic cloves
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • basil and oregano, to taste
  • Olive oil
What I did was:
  1. Season the halved tomatoes, sliced onion, and garlic cloves with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
  2. Set under the broiler until they are roasted. Doesn't take more than 5-10 minutes.
  3. Blend everything in your blender until it is nice and smooth.
  4. Add basil and oregano and warm over low heat.
Serve warm!

P.S. This post is a part of my "What's for Dinner" series, where I share what I've been cooking and my recipes. Grab and share my button:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails