Thursday, February 21, 2013

What's for Dinner: Chocolate and Peanut Clusters

This couldn't be any easier to make!


You need:
  • Chocolate chips
  • Peanuts
All I did was:
  1. Melt a bag of chocolate chips on low heat. Do it on low heat, and constantly stir. In my opinion, this is the best way to not overheat the chocolate... and constantly stirring helps along the way.
  2. Remove from the heat. Add about 3 to 3 and 1/2 cups (eye-ball it) of peanuts to the melted chocolate. Stir it really well, until all the peanuts are coated. If it seems like there is too much chocolate [like there is such a thing!] for the amount of peanuts you have, simply add more peanuts!
  3. Line a baking sheet (or whatever you want to use... It's not being baked) with parchment paper. Drop clusters of your peanut and chocolate mixture with a teaspoon onto the lined pan.
  4. Then, simply let it set. You can put it in the refrigerator to quicken the process, but I just let it sit in room temperature for about 1-2 hours.
The above amount made 43 clusters for me.

This time, I used milk chocolate chips and unsalted peanuts... mainly because that's what I had at home at the moment.

In the future, if I plan to make this for guests, I'll probably make two batches: one with white chocolate chips. I think the contrast would make the presentation that much sweeter.

Or perhaps drizzle melted white chocolate over the milk chocolate clusters and/or drizzle melted milk chocolate over the white chocolate clusters? Can't go wrong with it.

Tip: these would be a great thing to package in individual, let's say, cellophane bags as take-home sweets at the end of a party, as a favor, or even in a larger quantity as a homemade present for someone. Who doesn't love chocolate?


Check out another one of my recent recipes:

P.S. This post is a part of my "What's for Dinner" series, where I share what I've been cooking and my recipes. Grab and share my button:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails